Is it time to move out? Now you must be worried about getting your security deposits refunded. Having the apartment thoroughly cleaned up is the only way to get back the deposit. Moving, itself, is a stressful job to be done and thinking about getting your deposit deducted (if any mess is left behind) adds stress to your mind. In order to get back your complete deposit, you have to prepare yourself and your apartment in a way that landlord may not deduct any damage fees. This is not as simple as it seems to be.
For this purpose, you will need to hire some cleaning agency. If you are going to do the move out cleaning by yourself then you will need to put extra efforts. Also, you will need a lot of things to get this job done including cleaners, bleach, gloves, sponges, brushes, rags, paper towels, broom and mop. Following are few tips and tricks that might help you in making move out cleaning simpler.
- First of all you need to make a checklist including all the cleaning material that you might need. This list must be comprehensive as missing any of the item may hinder your cleaning process. As a result your time and efforts will be wasted. Packing and moving are a job that is quite scheduled and wasting any time is really not good.
- You must always perform move out cleaning room by room. Start from one room and clean it completely before moving to the next one. Do the floor cleaning at the very end. If you are doing it earlier then there are chances that you have to do it again at the very end.
- Remove all the scuffs, nails and staples that you have stuck into the walls. After that do make use of the magic eraser to eliminate any mark that is left behind on the walls, doors and ceilings. Do check the magic eraser before using as there are many erasers that do rub off the paint from the walls.
- Clean all the mirrors, shelves and cabinets with suitable cleaners.
- Always perform cleaning in top to bottom manner. If you are not doing so then there is a chance that you need to clean the spot more than once.
- It will be a good choice if you take some professional help for services like carpet cleaning, oven cleaning, upholstery cleaning and sofa cleaning. These are few things that are very significant and you might not clean them properly. Spending a reasonable amount of money here would not be a bad idea at all. Otherwise, you might get your knuckles blistered for making these things shine.
- Try to get rid of any kind of smell like smoking smell or bad odour of stinky pets. This can be done by using suitable sprays or sprinkling baking soda in every room and let it settle down.
- Do not miss cleaning the insides of cabinets, refrigerators and ovens.
- Do check the light fixtures. Remove the covers, wipe them off and then apply them again.
After performing all these basic steps, now it is time to move ahead and start cleaning your bedrooms, kitchen and bathroom. You need to sweep and mop the floor using bleach and strong cleaners. Vacuum will also be used in the rooms where there is a carpet. Move out cleaning is no doubt a very hectic job. There is always an option to make it hassle free by calling some professional cleaners from some reliable cleaning company.